Alright, I can’t handle it — the elections are getting near, so it’s time to start sharing my opinions on politics. I count these last few weeks to be the kick off for more intense politically related entries on my blog. You’ve been warned. Today, I saw a wonderful video which inspires me to believe that ignorance and hate are alive and well in the United States of America.
Here’s the video. My thoughts are below…
This was posted under Reddit with this excerpted headline, “AND THEN YOU KILL BABIES” : Wow. Lol. You must watch these McCain supporters. Naturally, I must watch because I need to figure out what the heck caused someone to utter that exclamation. I’m stunned.
The video was dubbed the “Sidewalk to Nowhere” for a rally in Bethlehem, PA, yesterday. So many shameful statements were provided voluntarily, not out any duress or torture:
- “And one more thing we don’t need in Washington, is a lawyer … that is Barack Obama, he’s a lawyer.”
- “That guy [Obama] hangs around with terrorists.” When asked, “Who are the terrorists,” responded with, “Obama.”
- “Obama is a terrorist, don’t you know that?”
- [Shouting] “Obama is a Muslim; he is a terrorist himself.” When asked, “Do you really believe that, sir,” responded with “[Inaudible]… I believe he promotes terrorism.”
- [Shouting] “Commie faggots. Commie faggots”
- [Shouting] “Go get a job, go get a job.”
- [Shouting] “Socialism, Communism …”
- “Go to Russia, Woooo!”
- [Shouting] “Screw Obama; Booo!”
- [Pointing at protester] “European Socialist!” … “Bill Ayers Scumbags!”
- When asked, “Do you think they should die, sir,” responds with, “Everyone dies, don’t they?”
- “…And then you kill babies.”
- Protester stated and asked, “Mrs. Palin voted to make women pay for their own rape kits; my friends shouldn’t have to pay for their rape kits. What do you think about that?” A McCain supporter responded, “She should die.” After peer criticism, stated, “She should pay double!” (???)
- When asked, “Is Senator Obama an American citizen?” responded with, “Uh, I don’t know what he is.”
- An individual holding “Acorns for Obama” sign (???) could not enunciate Barack Obama’s name with, “Ba- Ba-, Barama” twice and believed Obama caused the corruption with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. … also believed [and implied wrongdoing] Obama registered homeless people and people on busses to vote.
Does anyone see an shocking similarity in the depth of thought in this video compared to the one above? No, it’s not any political party — it’s the limited, prejudice, inaccurate views of American people in general. I am willing to bet all these people watch FOXNews so they can validate and sympathize with their inner fears and inadequacies in the world.
I could go on, but I’ll abbreviate this entry and just recommend you vote for someone who stands for equality and will do their best to not infringe on their rights. Last week, I donated $20 to the Obama-Biden campaign in an effort to help empower them to afford more advertising to beat the spin-zone.
No matter who you believe in, all I ask is for you to fact-check the candidates. Only you are held accountable if they tell lies.