Every now and then I get bored, like immensely bored with too much time. To stave off these cravings for something wild to do. I’ve got four ways to can fight boredom online, check it out.
- StumbleUpon – StumbleUpon is considerably new Web site that lets you “channel surf” the Web. You start out entering in your interests like news, video, blogs, etc. Then you start “Stumbling.” This method of discovering new sites is excellent since it blends both Web 2.0-styled feedback and gratification of changing channels on the TV. It’s totally free and the Firefox addon works perfectly.
- Digg, Netscape, Reddit, Fark – Scour these sites for interesting news and dish out your opinions. Be careful, after only a short period, they will become addictive to comment and submit news. These sites are infamous for citizen journalism, so if you’ve got something to share (or leak), go ahead and post it there.
- Del.icio.us Popular – If you’re bored and want to see which sites are gaining popularity among Web users, check out the Popular pages on del.icio.us. On a side note, you can join and add your bookmarks to it as well. It helps better organize your bookmarks for finding them later. What’s not cool about sharing your favorite sites with other users?
- Start a Blog – It’s not just for kids anymore. Start a blog about any topic you like. Some interesting topics that people would like to know is political views, geeky stuff, non-geeky stuff, and just about anything else you’re expert in. You don’t have to even be cool or popular to start one. You can start a free blog at Blogger, WordPress, AOL, MySpace, and more. You can compare the features of them here if you like that sort of thing.
- YTMND – You’re The Man Now Dog, a popular creative website that enables users to create funny (and some NSFW) web sites usually at the expense of another person. This Website is infamous for popular memes such as PTKGS (“Punch the keys for God’s sake!”), the Emo Song, the Blue Ball Machine, Bat Man Ualeualeua…, …Doesn’t change Facial Expressions and more. As you can plainly see, YTMND can account for hours of wasted time. Here’s one that I made a while back, it’s quite a good laugh about a customer demanding a new mouse.
There’s more ways to kill the boredom online. If you know of a great Web site to browse, go ahead and post it in the comments. If posting a link, and it’s not appropriate for work, please label it appropriately with NSFW on it.